View Thread
Old Gaming Veterans » General Discussion » The Lounge
 Print Thread
Arma 2 DayZ
OgV Major Stavy
If anyone is playing or interested in playing DayZ I am playing mostly on The Drunken Zed server. Post here if you would like to join me.

Want to see what DayZ is like? Here is a great video of game play. Its not a fast pace RUN N GUN like BF4 but very fun if you need a change of pace.

YouTube Video

Edited by OgV Major Stavy on 13-05-2015 22:16

Sapper0Six
Whats your steam name? I play it and will add you.

OgV Major Stavy
Scott_Stavron

Decoy
Since the TDZ guys are letting the dayz server go, and Stavy doesn't plan to maintain it, I'm hosting one that's quite similar (based on the same mission but I've built and customized the server side from scratch) on my dedicated server. To connect, use DayZLauncher with the same mods (Origins 1.7.9, Overwatch 0.2.5, and Epoch 1.0.5.1 added to the launch list in that order) and remote connect to ip 66.219.102.117 on port 2302

It's going to be up and down a lot for the next little while, as I continue adding modifications, but it seems stable now and I've had it running for 2 days straight. (still figuring out auto restarts)

So far:
Slow zombies that hit hard, and are resistant to damage everywhere but the head.
Advanced skin changing system to give you more options when you find new clothing items.
Fast roping from helicopters (Pilot deploys rope, passengers can rappel down from helicopter).

Plus all previous features on the server.

I'm going to try and add moving convoy/ambush missions, for variety's sake, and once I'm done modding the shit out of it, I'll be adding various camps and military outposts around the map to raid, and to act as points of origin/departure for AI controlled convoys.

OgV Major Stavy
Sound good Decoy. I will check it out. The TDZ server will be down for good after July 10th.

As much as we tried to get it going not enough traffic to warrant the cost of hosting.

Viper, you can take down the DayZ server banner off the website when ever you have time.

OgV Major Stavy
Tried to join today but it never got past Creating Character Frown

Decoy
Been having problems with signature check timing out, leaves you at creating character message without any hint something went wrong. Been having to try a few times to get in myself the last few days, and haven't really had time to track down the cause yet.

Had a few of my friends on there with me though, for hours at a time, so it IS working, just needs some more work.

Decoy
have had one signature timeout so far today, otherwise connecting has been easy, and the server is stable.

server restarts are set up though there isn't any warning right now. Every 4 hours, so 3, 7 and 11, am and pm. Still trying to get the warning messages working.

Be careful with corners, I ran into a barn and a zombie behind a crate knocked me on my ass, then killed me before I could recover.

Server can be found in DayZ Launcher server browser, filter for DecoyZ

**edit** Finally have automated messages/restarts/restart warnings all working together, changed restart times to 4/8/12, eastern time. Have had zero issues with timed out signature checks, been getting in on the first time every time since that first go, and the server has been up anywhere from a few minutes to several hours as I tweak and edit.

100% of everything is working as intended at the moment, with the possible exception of group management and fast roping, each of which require me to have guinea pigs/assistants for extended periods of time.

Edit again: Workaround for login issues... If you connect and it times out, hang around until you get the kicked from server message, then remote connect in and you can connect fine.
Edited by Decoy on 14-07-2015 23:24

OgV Major Stavy
Ok I did as you suggested and finally got in. I still have our scheduler file for server restarts if you want to use it. It has a 5 and 1 min warning. I see you increased all the prices on everything too. Not going to be easy to get reestablished with those prices but we'll give it a try.

Thanks again for getting it all setup.

OgV Major Stavy
Here is the scheduler.xml data we used on the TDZ

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="true"?>

<!-- Web Doc : http://www.ibattle.org/install-and-configure/setting-up-the-scheduler/ Setup: Restarts every 4 hours with 5 and 1 minute warnings -->

-<Scheduler>

<!-- Repeating messages every 10 minutes -->

-<job id="1">

<time>002000</time>

<delay>000000</delay>

<day>1,2,3,4,5,6,7</day>

<loop>1</loop>

<cmd>say -1 Welcome to The Drunken Zed !</cmd>

<cmdtype>0</cmdtype>

</job>

-<job id="2">

<time>000500</time>

<delay>000000</delay>

<day>1,2,3,4,5,6,7</day>

<loop>1</loop>

<cmd>say -1 Join us on our [OgV] TS DayZ Channel 72.5.102.13:29300 no password.</cmd>

<cmdtype>0</cmdtype>

</job>

-<job id="3">

<time>001000</time>

<delay>000000</delay>

<day>1,2,3,4,5,6,7</day>

<loop>1</loop>

<cmd>say -1 This server restarts every 4 hours</cmd>

<cmdtype>0</cmdtype>

</job>

-<job id="4">

<time>001500</time>

<delay>000000</delay>

<day>1,2,3,4,5,6,7</day>

<loop>1</loop>

<cmd>say -1 Report problems and issues on our website thedrunkenzed.com</cmd>

<cmdtype>0</cmdtype>

</job>

<!-- End repeat messages -->

<!-- 12:00 restart -->

-<job id="5">

<time>11:55:00</time>

<delay>000000</delay>

<day>1,2,3,4,5,6,7</day>

<loop>0</loop>

<cmd>say -1 This server will restart in 5 minutes</cmd>

<cmdtype>0</cmdtype>

</job>

-<job id="6">

<time>11:59:00</time>

<delay>000000</delay>

<day>1,2,3,4,5,6,7</day>

<loop>0</loop>

<cmd>say -1 This server will restart in 1 minute</cmd>

<cmdtype>0</cmdtype>

</job>

-<job id="7">

<time>12:00:00</time>

<delay>000000</delay>

<day>1,2,3,4,5,6,7</day>

<loop>0</loop>

<cmd>#shutdown</cmd>

<cmdtype>0</cmdtype>

</job>

<!-- End 12:00 restart -->

<!-- 16:00 restart -->

-<job id="8">

<time>15:55:00</time>

<delay>000000</delay>

<day>1,2,3,4,5,6,7</day>

<loop>0</loop>

<cmdtype>0</cmdtype>

</job>

-<job id="9">

<time>15:59:00</time>

<delay>000000</delay>

<day>1,2,3,4,5,6,7</day>

<loop>0</loop>

<cmdtype>0</cmdtype>

</job>

-<job id="10">

<time>16:00:00</time>

<delay>000000</delay>

<day>1,2,3,4,5,6,7</day>

<loop>0</loop>

<cmd>#shutdown</cmd>

<cmdtype>0</cmdtype>

</job>

<!-- End 14:00 restart -->

<!-- 20:00 restart -->

-<job id="11">

<time>19:55:00</time>

<delay>000000</delay>

<day>1,2,3,4,5,6,7</day>

<loop>0</loop>

<cmdtype>0</cmdtype>

</job>

-<job id="12">

<time>19:59:00</time>

<delay>000000</delay>

<day>1,2,3,4,5,6,7</day>

<loop>0</loop>

<cmdtype>0</cmdtype>

</job>

-<job id="13">

<time>20:00:00</time>

<delay>000000</delay>

<day>1,2,3,4,5,6,7</day>

<loop>0</loop>

<cmd>#shutdown</cmd>

<cmdtype>0</cmdtype>

</job>

<!-- End 20:00 restart -->

<!-- 00:00 restart -->

-<job id="14">

<time>23:55:00</time>

<delay>000000</delay>

<day>1,2,3,4,5,6,7</day>

<loop>0</loop>

<cmdtype>0</cmdtype>

</job>

-<job id="15">

<time>23:59:00</time>

<delay>000000</delay>

<day>1,2,3,4,5,6,7</day>

<loop>0</loop>

<cmdtype>0</cmdtype>

</job>

-<job id="16">

<time>00:00:00</time>

<delay>000000</delay>

<day>1,2,3,4,5,6,7</day>

<loop>0</loop>

<cmd>#shutdown</cmd>

<cmdtype>0</cmdtype>

</job>

<!-- End 00:00 restart -->

<!-- 04:00 restart -->

-<job id="17">

<time>03:55:00</time>

<delay>000000</delay>

<day>1,2,3,4,5,6,7</day>

<loop>0</loop>

<cmdtype>0</cmdtype>

</job>

-<job id="18">

<time>03:59:00</time>

<delay>000000</delay>

<day>1,2,3,4,5,6,7</day>

<loop>0</loop>

<cmdtype>0</cmdtype>

</job>

-<job id="19">

<time>04:00:00</time>

<delay>000000</delay>

<day>1,2,3,4,5,6,7</day>

<loop>0</loop>

<cmd>#shutdown</cmd>

<cmdtype>0</cmdtype>

</job>

<!-- End 04:00 restart -->

<!-- 08:00 restart -->

-<job id="20">

<time>07:55:00</time>

<delay>000000</delay>

<day>1,2,3,4,5,6,7</day>

<loop>0</loop>

<cmdtype>0</cmdtype>

</job>

-<job id="21">

<time>07:59:00</time>

<delay>000000</delay>

<day>1,2,3,4,5,6,7</day>

<loop>0</loop>

<cmdtype>0</cmdtype>

</job>

-<job id="22">

<time>08:00:00</time>

<delay>000000</delay>

<day>1,2,3,4,5,6,7</day>

<loop>0</loop>

<cmd>#shutdown</cmd>

<cmdtype>0</cmdtype>

</job>

<!-- End 08:00 restart -->

</Scheduler>

Decoy
already got the scheduler working, with 15, 10, 5 and 1 minute warnings...

As for prices, mostly it's building supplies and fuel that I made expensive, as well as vehicle ammo (particularly at service points, to cut down on the cheese). My goal is to make building a super fortress of doom a bit more of an involved process, and to make fuel more of a commodity, so fuel trucks become something to protect/steal, and you may be forced to collect jerry cans/fuel barrels to do supply runs with.

I'm not 100% on prices at the moment, some stuff I priced completely wrong. (You can buy a vodnik HMG with a huge cannon on the top for 12 million, or you can buy a pawnee for a couple hundred thousand, for example.)

Anyways, that server is staying up for now, and I am building a new one from scratch with all the same features that I can manage, and a few new ones besides. Some stuff I just couldn't get working without straight up using Tommy's files from TDZ, and then I'm mucking around in someone else's work to make the edits I want, not sure what goes where.

Currently have plot4life and plot management in (and they should play nice together) so you get all the (many) benefits of P4L combined with the plot friend features of management, snap and vector building, custom loot tables, new splash screen, ESS spawn select system, and currently debugging the single currency/trader system and the skin changing system that is on the active server right now.

Decoy
Because I don't have any other good way to get hold of Stavy... I think I fixed the plot management issues. The regular Epoch cleanup of abandoned structures was de-spawning pieces of bases because I didnt have any sql events in the database to cause damage to base parts after a few days. So, no damage, no option to maintain, object doesn't get updated in the database, cleanup script thinks it's abandoned because it was updated more than a week ago, and *poof*, gone.

So, I now have sql events that will damage building parts when they are three days old, which will update them in the database, and if they are not maintained they will be deleted after 2 weeks.

Had some issues with character ids not being assigned in my scratch build, so I went back to the drunken zed files, and I'm back to modifying those. So, what I've done so far:
On the main and test servers, I've changed some of the AI patrols, so sometimes you'll get unarmed aircraft patrolling around, everything from little birds to AN2s, or the WW2 camel complete with machine guns. (I'm hoping to get into a dogfight with one at some point.) Ground vehicle patrols can now be in any ground vehicle available, and will have more passengers. So if you see a ural driving around, get a lmg ready to hose the back of the truck before you engage.

On the test server, I've got zombie damage increased dramatically (let one sneak up on me while I was engaging bandits, and got knocked out by the first hit, was dead 5 seconds later) and they won't take much damage from hits below the neck, barring Arma2 hitbox weirdness.

The database on both servers now has sql events that should help performance, and reduce desync issues that kept us from seeing action menu items like manage plot, but aside from that...
Any storage object/vehicle (crate, safe, lockbox, etc) that has an empty inventory, is at least a month old, and has not been updated (accessed/moved/whatever) in two weeks will be deleted.
Any storage object or vehicle that is at least two months old and has not been updated in 30 days will be deleted from the database regardless of the status of its inventory.
Including vehicles in both of those last two will also help vehicles from accumulating too much in low traffic areas via the normal spawning system, by deleting them if they don't get grabbed.
Players who do not login for a month will have their player/character data deleted.
Any safe or lockbox that is not updated (unlocked/locked, accessed, etc) for two weeks will have its combination reverted to 0000 or RED 00, respectively.

So, 2 weeks of inactivity, your base decays, your storage objects effectively unlock themselves. Anything with empty inventory that isn't otherwise used gets deleted. Two more weeks, you're at the 1 month mark, whatever is left is removed completely, safes, vehicles, all of it, provided they're at least 2 months old already.

Jump to Forum:

Downloads

Coming Soon.

Upcoming Events

No events

Take a Poll